Associate Professor of Mathematics
I am primarily interested in Special Functions, Analytic number theory, q-series and the Theory of Partitions. I like to work in the areas of Mathematics developed by Srinivasa Ramanujan. Here is my Curriculum Vitae.
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Mathematics
Tulane University, August 2012- July 2015.
- PhD in Mathematics
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2006-2012.
- MS in Mathematics
Texas Tech University, 2004-2006.
- BE in Computer Engineering
University of Mumbai, 2000-2004.
CURRENT PHD STUDENTS
- Shivajee Gupta (jointly supervised by Akshaa Vatwani)
- Guru Sharan N.
PAST PHD STUDENTS
- Aashita Kesarwani (Co-adviser: Victor H. Moll-graduated Dec. 2017)(Current job: Scientific computing specialist, Harvey-Mudd College, USA)
- Rahul Kumar (graduated Oct. 2020)(Current job: Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Fellow at the Pennsylvania State University, USA)
- Rajat Gupta (graduated Dec. 2021) (Current job: Postdoc at University of Texas at Tyler, USA)
- Sumukha S. (PhD: NIT Surathkal)
- Shashank Chorge (PhD: University of Rochester, USA)
- Bibekananda Maji (Current job: Assistant Professor of Mathematics at IIT Indore)
- Garima Sood
- Ankush Goswami (Current job: Postdoc at University of Texas Rio Grande Valley)
- Soumyarup Banerjee (Current job: INSPIRE faculty at IISER Kolkata)
- Sujeet Kumar Singh (Current job: Postdoc at University of Nottingham)
I recently got elected as a member of the Indian National Young Academy of Sciences (INYAS) for a period of five years (2021-2025).
Journals for which I am an editor:
- Ramanujan Journal (since January 2022)
- Journal of the Ramanujan Mathematical Society (since March 2017)
- Mathematics Student (since January 2015)
- Hardy-Ramanujan Journal (Guest Editor for volumes 43-44 dedicated to the memory of Srinivasa Ramanujan)
I am co-organizing the Special Functions and Number Theory seminar with Gaurav Bhatnagar (JNU & Ashoka Univ.) and Krishnan Rajkumar (JNU).
Analytic Number Theory, Special Functions, Theory of Partitions, q-series and Modular Forms fascinate me. Over the years, my research has been diversified as a result of working on problems on reciprocal and self-reciprocal functions, zeros of certain L-functions in Analytic Number Theory and identities in basic hypergeometric series with applications to the Theory of Partitions.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Swarnajayanti Fellowship (2022-2027)
- 2021 Gábor Szegö prize from the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, USA